Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Butterfly Wings? I Love That!

Hello!

First, allow me to update to my Water Marble With - You Guessed It - Dots! post.  The mani that I posted using Orly's Rubberized Bonder as the base coat  lasted - without a single chip- for FIVE DAYS! I'm sold!   I am pretty much convinced that it would have lasted even longer, but I tire of manis very quickly and took it off.  It came off with ease!  I most certainly will be adding it to my mani routine.  Orly Rubberized Bonder;  I LOVE YOU!  Okay.  Today is June 14th.  I will not remove my mani until I absolutely have to.  Let's see just how long Orly Rubberized Bonder will last (this will be hard for me, but I really want to test it out)!

Now, onto today's mani!

I love water marbles.  I love dots.  Add the two together, and you get a gorgeous mani!  I posted this on one of my favorite polish Facebook pages and one of the lovely comments compared them to butterfly wings! Thank you, Janique! I love butterflies!  I think you might be onto something, there!

Today's mani starts with a coat of Orly Rubberized Bonder.  This time, I put one coat of OPI NEOF.  I then did a water marble with:
  • China Glaze - White On White
  • China Glaze - Papaya Punch.  
I then put another coat of OPI NEOF followed by one coat of Seche Vite Fast-Dry Top Coat.  I really wanted this to set and waited fifteen minutes.  Plus, I am still VERY sore from my breast lumpectomy I had on Friday.  A nice little break.  Then I simply looked through my collection of polishes.  The water marble was very light and summery, so I opted for fun, summery colors for the dots.  In no particular order:
  • OPI - Strawberry Margerita (largest dots)
  • OPI - A Grape Fit
  • China Glaze - Secret Peri-Winkle
  • China Glaze - Let's Groove
  • Avon - Sunshine
  • China Glaze - White On White


The Fairy Dust doesn't show up very well, but my skin sure does... wow!
As mentioned in the color list, I chose Strawberry Margerita as the largest dots.  No reason why.  I like to follow the lines of the marbling.  Again, I found myself really having to stop myself as it is a lot of fun, but you can quickly get very carried away.  This bears mentioning once more with dotting; less is more!  Still have fun with it.  I swore to myself that I was not going to put a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust on top.  I did.  I think I'm addicted to Fairy Dust.  I need an intervention.  I put a coat of Seche Vite on top.  When that was completely dried, I then went over SOME of the dots.  It give the mani a depth that is really nice.  Some are dusted, some are not.  I like how it turned out.


I am having a lot of fun with this kind on manicure.  If you have any color suggestions, I'd love to hear from you!  I'm thinking of July 4th, already!

Oh...

I just found out that Seche Vite, which is notorious for getting very thick, and useless, has finally come up with it's very own thinner!  I plan on purchasing this ASAP!  There is nothing more distressing than a bottle of SV that still has a 1/4 of it left, but that it is too thick to use.  What do yo do with it?  I collect them.  Why?  I can't bring myself to throw them out.  I suppose I will keep them and test this thinner out, now!  Stay tuned!

Until nex time...
Stay Polished!

Peace :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and leaving me a comment! I will respond to all comments as soon as possible. I look forward to them all and appreciate the time you have spent reading and leaving me a note. Peace!