Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ev'ry Heart Beats True For the PINK, White & Blue?

Happy July Fourth Weekend!  YAY!  So, of course I wanted to show off my patriotic pride with a mani showcasing the colors of our proud flag.  I started out by removing my last mani and soaking my nails in some warm soapy water for about 15 minutes, then applied some Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover. I slept with naked (gasp) nails.

The following morning, I put on one coat of Orly Rubberized Bonder... oh, and before I continue, I must tell you that my last mani lasted six days with only one chip.  I'm SOLD on Orly Rubberized Bonder!  Anyhoo... as I was saying...

Then I put on one coat of China Glaze White on White.  For the marbling bull's eye, I started with three drops of the White On White, then a drop of China Glaze Phat Santa.  Then one of WOW.  Then one of OPI's No Room For The Blues, Then WOW.  I repeated this three times, making sure I put a drop of white after each COLOR.    I finished with one coat of Seche Vite Fast Dri top Coat.  I resisted the urge to put on a a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.  Glad I did:


My favorite nail!


Okay, so the red turned to pink.  Still, I find it quite pretty and even patriotic.  And, someone -- who, for now, shall remain nameless -- just had a baby girl last weekend,  so it all works out!  PERFECT!  

When that was dried completely (Not long with the Seche!) I used various sized dotting tools with the same colors to accent.  I really like how they turned out, this time!  One thing I have learned when adding dots;  let them dry completely before adding a top coat.  This is the one time you must be patient and wait it out.  Even Seche Vite will SMEAR the dots if they are not dry... and really, what's the point of adding a fast dry top coat if it is going to smear it?  Let the dots dry for 30 minutes, then add a regular top coat -- I use OPI Nail Envy Original Formula, then top with the Seche Vite.  

I know I was going to photograph my last mani right before I was going to remove it to show how long and how well the Orly Rubberized Bonder works.  Sorry.  I will do that with this one; promise!

Until next time, 

Thanks for reading, and stay polished.

Happy Birthday, America!

3 comments:

  1. I love water marble, this look amazing, I love the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You've created 10 works of real art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, nice blog theme, and LOVE the 'picture' of yourself you created up there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading and leaving me a comment! I will respond to all comments as soon as possible. I look forward to them all and appreciate the time you have spent reading and leaving me a note. Peace!