Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to Mary's Nail Files!

I know what you're thinking... 'Another nail swatch blog... *yawn*...'  Okay, you got me.  I am giving this a go because normally I would post my nail pictures on my Facebook wall... and proceed to bore the Hell out of most of my friends.  So, I started thinking about creating a blog about them.  There are hundreds if not thousands of blogs out there pertaining to nail polish, but still I thought it would be better to do this than to do it on Facebook.

 I am not a professional manicurist.  My knowledge of nail polish is simply that I love buying it and I love using it.  There.  That's it.  Now, for a bit of history.

When I was really young, I bit my nails.  All the time.  My mother was blessed with thick, hard, and very long fingernails.  I wanted  mine to be just like hers.  My nail-biting habit broke her heart.  She would promise me that if I stopped biting them, not only would she paint them for me, but would let me buy any color I wanted.  Never happened.  My nails were chewed way past the quick-line to the point of bloody nibs.  Plus, being a tomboy, pretty nails were simply not on my list of priorities.

Fast-forward to high school.  I finally stopped biting them, but still, never truly took care of them.  I have learned throughout the years that it takes a lot more than simply not biting them to have pretty and healthy nails.  I am pretty sure that if my mother could see my nails now, she would be very proud of me.  I could paint HER nails, now... in ways she would find fascinating.

So here it is, my first post on my new blog.  There is no real rhyme or reason to it.  I'll just post cool colors (or warm) that I find.  I do love water marbling, so I will be posting pics of those, too.
One thing I will do soon is post how I care for my nails.  Tips (ha) and a few tricks I've learned.  I thank all of those wonderful nail bloggers out there that have also inspired me.

Without further adieu,  here is my first water marbling post!


China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le, Frostbite, OPI Yodel Me On My Cell, Kyoto Pearl and topped with one coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust and one coat of Seche Vite. 
Shade

Sun
Let me know what you think!  I'm off to help my son with homework...until next time...

Don't bite!
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading and leaving me a comment! I will respond to all comments as soon as possible. I look forward to them all and appreciate the time you have spent reading and leaving me a note. Peace!